Mr. President


I am stunned. I am speechless. I weep with joy. I am blessed to be alive on this day, to be witness to this moment in history. I am proud to have a leader today who embodies the values I hold dearest - a man who cherishes his family, who respects his neighbor, and who carries idealism and honor for the world to see. A man of deep intelligence and great compassion and genuine humility. A man with boundless hope and optimism and vision. I don't know whether he can solve all of the problems that face our people and our nation today; they are undoubtedly vast and complex. But I'm not sure that's most important anyway. Today I can set aside my shame for my country and believe that there is hope for goodness and wisdom and idealism to prevail. Thank you Mr. President.

Comments

Popular Posts