3rd Avenue Trailhead



























I went hiking this morning, trying to catch the early morning light. The morning light is so beautiful, and it seems like there is never a good time to be outside to enjoy it; in the wintertime it's the coldest time of the day, and in the summer the sun rises at 4:30am. I didn't catch the earliest of rays, but the light was beautiful nonetheless, and the air cool and crisp.

I hiked up from the 3rd Avenue trailhead to the bridge. It's only a half mile, so not far as hikes go. When I carry my camera my progress is slow because everything looks like a picture to me. I saw maybe a half dozen other hikers, and some very happy dogs.

I took this picture up past the bridge. I had to hike off trail to find the right spot to shoot from, and it was worth it despite my guilt because I know better. I like the way the light flares in this picture. I think it looks "heavenly." I suppose technically a flare like this is a mistake, a flaw. Maybe people are like photographs. Our flaws are what makes us beautiful and magical.

Comments

Popular Posts