Dear Diary - A Photography Project



















We are on to our third assignment in Photography class, and this time we have a long list of options to choose from. I have chosen Dear Diary - I believe this assignment was written just for me. It says: use your camera to document your personal feelings, ideas, questions, etc. Go ahead and get as personal and profound as you can. Feel free to use text also and/or make an actual book.

Make a book! Use text! Little did he know, when he made up this assignment, that he would have me in his class. My head is swimming with ideas; I just hope I have time to finish it. This is a project that could fill a semester or a year, or a lifetime.

I am thinking that I will tell a story about being a woman, about the dreams of a little girl, about the legacy of a grandmother, about the joy of being a mother and the heartbreak, about finding a place for work and family and self and love, about femininity and about power. I really don't know whether I have the skills or the vision to tell the story I want to tell, but I do think that it matters to try, and I am sure that my shortcomings are as much a part of my story as my successes.

How often does a person get to tell their story?

Comments

Popular Posts