Just Me and My Camera



























I am done. D.O.N.E. I have finished my final assignment for my photography class, and I can finally get back to taking the pictures *I* want to take. And for starters, I want to take a picture of the amazing sunset tonight! Sunsets are too cliche, too trite, for a serious photographer, but I, on the other hand, do not have to be a serious photographer. In fact, I declare myself most definitely not a serious photographer, and so I am free to photograph pretty things to my heart's content!

So, first of all, after I finished dry mounting my final 11 prints for my class, I found myself in downtown Vancouver as sunset neared, and of course I had my camera with me, so I went looking for someplace different to shoot. I found an odd unmarked road that wound around through the railroad tracks over to the west side where all the industrial stuff is, and I took a few pictures there. I would have liked to get out and walk around, but I didn't see another soul there, so I wasn't sure how safe it was. I'd like to go back with my dog along; hopefully she'd come through if there was an actual bad guy approaching and not some harmless UPS man.



















This is one for sign spotters! Makes you go "huh"?


















Since I thought the railroad area was creepy by myself, I headed over to a swankier neighborhood on Columbia River Drive, where you can walk on an immaculate paved path along the river. There were a lot of people out enjoying the beautiful evening; it was like a walking freeway. I cut across to the sandy beach along the river, and spotted these tiny shells glowing in the setting sun. I thought they looked like jewels in the sand.


Comments

Lisa said…
The sunset is pretty, no doubt about it, but the second photo of the clam shells speaks of that sunset in a subtle way, like a whispered secret. On a white background in my RSS reader it was stunning!

Popular Posts