A whole weekend of Mother's Day



















This past weekend was Mother's Day, and I have to say, I think it was the nicest Mother's Day ever. In fact, the entire weekend was like one great Mother's Day. Andrea was here for the day on Friday, and Aaron arrived at dinner time for the weekend. Had dinner and I made an amazing strawbery-rhubarb pie for dessert, then Andrea and I trekked up to the Camas lily fields to take some pictures. It's so magical! And she was a patient subject so I got to try some things I'd been thinking about with my camera, only my lens was broken and wouldn't focus right. Aargh! On Saturday I had a liesurely morning at the garden fair downtown, and a great bike ride up the Gorge, lunch at Big River Grill in Stevenson, back along the waterfalls on the Oregon side, and went to see the new Star Trek movie with Bob. Andrea was back for the day on Sunday, we went out to the barn so she could ride in the morning (how fun is that, to see my daughter riding again!), took both kids to see Wolverine in the afternoon and they were both happy and fun and chatting up a storm, Bob bought us a new grill and spent the day assembling it so he could grill a Mother's Day feast. That man has no judgment of how much food a person needs to eat, holy cow, if he'd cooked everything he bought we could have invited the whole neighborhood! Salmon, sausage and veggie kabobs, corn on the cob, baked potatoes. What a great meal, and I did not have to lift a finger, my fantasy! And I have flowers, a huge fragrant bouquet spilling over my largest vase and brightening up the living room. I think every day should be Mother's Day!

Comments

Popular Posts