Unfolding

This is my horoscope for Monday, March 27, 2011:

You want success, and you want it now. But there's a process, and it can't be skipped over. Be patient. All is unfolding in good time. A creative endeavor that has a slow start will have a long burn.

Just to be clear, I'm not one to wake up in the morning and plan my day around my horoscope. But I do read it, when I think of it, when I have time, and it often makes me look at my day in a new way. Sometimes, it seems eerily insightful.

I love this horoscope, though. Each step of the way has been essential to becoming the photographer I aspire to be. Every single client, every single session, indispensible. Every single mistake, a lesson that needed learning. It is all unfolding in it's own time, and that is the right time.

Winter is often a fallow time for photographers, that's just the natural cycle of the year. But in some ways it is the busiest time. This is the time when the garden is sown, and seeds are planted for the year to come.

Comments

Popular Posts