Katazome - Day 3

My last day of katazome class, my last day at Cascade Head Ranch. What a wonderful weekend. I started my day with one last hike up to Cascade Head. It's a tough climb but it got a little bit easier each time, so I thought I might as well make the most of my increasing fitness.

This is the early part of the hike, like climbing stairs!
I always have to take a few breathers, this goes on for quite a ways. Then the path levels out a bit through the woods, with little wooden footbridges and higher steel bridges over the wet areas.



 As you get higher you can tell by the increasing brightness that you are nearing the headlands.

Then you emerge from the woods onto the headlands; I love this part!

The view was spectacular again this morning, bright and clear.

Every day I head up there thinking I'll make it a quick hike, and I'll turn around when it's time, no matter where I am. But once I am up there I don't WANT to turn around, and I linger until the very last possible minute and then rush into the shower and off to class. It was worth every second!

Today in class we stenciled and dyed silk scarves using the stencils we made ourselves.




These are the scarves drying in the sun. Aren't they pretty?




















Comments

Popular Posts