Take a Hike!


I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world, in a charming little town networked with public hiking trails. How is it that I end up trudging along on a treadmill in my basement?

I have always meant to really explore this system of trails, but somehow each day brings something else and I don't do it. This year, I will. I'm going to explore Every Single One of those trails. I'm confident it's doable; there are a lot of them, but I have all year and it's still only January. I love to hike, I have a cool new waist pack for my camera so I can take it along. I'm sure I could convince the dog to join me, and possibly even my husband (though probably with less gleeful abandon).

I started today. Trail One - from the trailhead on Everett Street, to The Potholes behind JDZ Elementary. Yes, The Potholes. A police officer told me the high school kids named them, because they sneak back there to smoke pot. But I was looking at a trail map today, an old one posted back on the trails by Round Lake, and there it is, labelled The Potholes. Does that mean the Parks Department sneaks back there to smoke pot too?

Comments

Popular Posts