Whats Inside?


I am really a very private person. I hold my feelings close, and my thoughts (my important ones anyway) usually stay private. Mostly that works; I'm comfortable that way. But other times, I feel like that gets in the way of the things that I want to do - it gets in the way of my writing, of my photography, of every creative effort, because I believe what gives meaning to art is the glimpse it offers into the private world, into the heart, of it's creator.

So this is a tough one. I mean to share those glimpses into my private world, risk rejection and judgment, for the chance that what I have to offer might have meaning to somebody else. I started writing this blog with the intention that it would be shared with anyone who wishes to read it. If I didn't mean to share it, I could have written in my private journal. I didn't - I wrote on the World Wide Web. You can't get much more public than that. So here I am in this incredibly public place, writing about the things that lie closest to my heart. My dreams. My fears. What I love. Isn't that just scary as hell?

So far nobody has read my blog. Well, except for my one follower, who appeared on the day I started it, who I don't know, and who I've never actually heard from. Carolyn Michelle. She has a group called Fiber Freaks, who get together to do crafty things. She's young and busy and full of ideas. She reads my blog? Does blogspot just randomly assign you a follower so you don't feel like you are writing in a vacuum here?

Anyway, I'm going to share my blog. Why would I? Because I want my work to matter. Because I don't want to hide. And because I'm pretty sure the world is a kinder critic than the one I carry with me.

Comments

Lisa said…
I'm pretty sure too! So far I haven't been proven wrong...

Popular Posts