The back side

Didn't quite hit the photo a day mark, but I had fun. That's what matters, right? I've had a snotty cold all week and I've been under the weather and quarantining myself, so the camera has sat idle. There's always next week.
I guess someone lost a boot along the Dike Trail in Washougal. Someone *small*!

I love this old barn. I usually see it from the east, at Steigerwald Refuge. It's always interesting to see the same old thing from a completely new perspective.

Walking the Dike trail gives you a back door look at the industrial working areas along the river. This is where the manufacturing gets done, and the railroad comes through to pickup and transport newly created goods. We have become such a culture of electronics and information, it's easy to forget that the manufacturing industry has long been our economic backbone, and continues to provide jobs and products that we couldn't live without. I don't know what kind of plant this is; the tall cylinders remind me of grain elevators on the Kansas prairie. I think it has a stark, gritty beauty.

Comments

Popular Posts